Are you wondering how you will possibly re-start, kick-start, or simply put one foot in front of the other and begin a process that will lead to necessary weight-loss?
Weight-loss is achievable. Healthy weight-loss is sustainable! Your first step and most important step in achieving your healthy sustainable weight-loss is being ready, head in the game, road map in hand. What I like to call “armed and ready for battle!”
The number 1 reason most people join a nutrition program is to lose weight.
Are you looking to shed some pounds? What do you need to consider when weight-loss is your goal?
- Be willing to eat food you like & dislike.
- Be aware of your physical hunger (opposed to emotional hunger)
- Be aware of when you are satisfied, not full.
Find your road map! You need an organized, easy to follow map that will keep you moving in the right direction. Find your nutrition coach! You need a coach to guide you down a path of mindful eating, answering your questions, keeping you accountable and stocked with loads of delicious healthy recipes (link to sample recipes)
FACT: To lose weight, you must be mindful of what you are eating, when you are hungry, and when you are satisfied.
Here are your three strategies to follow:
- Know when you are actually hungry. We call this physical hunger.
- Eat nutrient-dense food. Be willing to eat food because it is nutrient-dense and not because it is delicious or because it satisfies a craving.
- Eat until satisfied NOT full.
- Eat food that will get you to the satisfied feeling. Protein, whole grains, healthy fats. Healthy fats including avocado, walnuts, almonds, olive oil and salmon to name a few, will help keep you feeling satisfied longer. Side note….healthy fats also give you brain power!
With these strategies, you will be well on our way to achieving healthy weight-loss. But guess what? Healthy weight loss is even easier when you have motivation. And that is exactly what you will get when participating in the Clean Your Plate Nutrition program.
Clean Your Plate delivers support and motivation directly into our inbox every single morning. You will also receive a meal plan, grocery lists and nutritionist insights on how to lose weight healthily and sustainable.
Your number one task today is to practice mindfulness in your daily eating!