I know it feels like your daily routine has been thrown “upside-down” this past week or two! And maybe your plan, prep and cook over the past week has fallen off. That’s ok! Today is a new day. Start your new normal, new schedule and jump back into your healthy lifestyle!
Take a look at this yummy Sautéed Vegetable Peanut Bowl. I cooked this dish on Saturday night with lots of leftovers for Sunday’s post-workout lunch. The recipe is vegetarian, however, you can add a nice lime cilantro grilled chicken or sautéed shrimp. For my post-workout lunch the next day, I added a poached egg for a bit more protein. Topping the dish off with chopped peanuts adds crunch, more flavor, along with healthy fats and protein here too!
Join me on April 15th for the next Clean Your Plate Nutrition program where I will coach you to eating healthy, moving your body and taking control back! Please register by April 10th to be ready.
And don’t forget to connect with me for the Promo Code if you are a returning customer.
Enjoy the Sautéed Vegetable Peanut Bowl!
Sauteed Vegetable Red Quinoa Peanut Bowl
1 cup red quinoa – well-rinsed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup white onion, sliced
2 cups broccoli, bite-sized pieces
2 cups asparagus, trimmed
2 cups zucchini, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup tamari (or soy sauce)
¼ cup edamame
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp water
Chopped peanuts and cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Add rinsed quinoa to 1 ½ cups water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, leave lid on and simmer for about 15 minutes. Keep lid on for another 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, add oil to a large sauté pan and heat over medium.
- Add garlic and onion, sauté for 2 minutes on low.
- Add broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, and red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until vegetables are cooked.
- Add balsamic vinegar and tamari.
- Add edamame and cook on low for about 5 minutes.
- Combine peanut butter, tamari and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour sauce over vegetables. Add quinoa and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro or parsley.
Meat eaters? Add the CYPN Cilantro Lime Chicken to this dish!
Breakfast or post-workout meal?
I like to add 1 or 2 poached eggs, sprinkled with hemp hearts.
This makes an awesome protein boost after your workout!